I've been helping a business associate recently with the redesign of his website that offers all natural mold removal products. I thought I already knew a lot about mold and how it can make us sick, but in researching his products and countless articles I came to realize that my even my mold awareness level was not as high it should be.
For those of you in construction, who take on remodels or restoration work, or for homeowners who may suspect they have mold or mildew problems, knowledge is everything. You need to take every step you can to protect yourself and family if you have had water damage, if you live in an older home, or you suspect there is mold in you home. Even the smallest amounts can affect us, and everyone has a different tolerance level.
Mold exposure can result in a condition know as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), which can be debilitating and leave you feeling sick for a very long time. On her website, Life After Mold, Dr. Lauren Tessier, provides information and treatment options for those suffering from mold exposure and CIRS. In Canada, please talk with your family doctor to explore treatment options if you have been diagnosed or suspect you may be suffering from mold exposure.
Although many people know that mold exposure can cause respiratory difficulties, not many know that it can cause an array of other complaints such as:
Information from the CDC (Centre for Disease Control)